Beyond Chai is excited to announce summer internship opportunities for college students that have an entrepreneurial and community spirit. Beyond Chai is a platform that uses cutting edge technology and a personal selection process to connect and coach single Muslims for marriage.
The Beyond Chai internship program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the leading matchmaking Muslim startups. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Social Media and Marketing Intern:
The intern will assist the Marketing and Alliance Director to help develop and expand the social media reach and public profile. The intern will collaborate closely to:
- Find new opportunities for engagement and promotion of Beyond Chai services
- Perform market research on matchmaking, marriage and dating and identifying opportunities for digital and print storytelling.
- Analyze digital data and reporting site and social analytics.
- Develop a strategic social media marketing plan
- Research, develop and write compelling content that speaks to the mission of promoting healthy marriages.
This job is ideal or someone interested in pursuing a career in media, writing, or communications.
Communication and Outreach Intern:
The intern will assist the Marketing and Alliance Director to help develop and expand the community alliance and partnership with various institutions that promote the same vision as Beyond Chai. The Intern will work collaborate closely to:
- Identify alliances and partnership with key Islamic organizations and masjids in major cities in the US and Canada
- Develop and maintain an accurate and current working list of all alliances and relationship details
- Attend local events in their area that contribute to build the brand, identify potential leads to drive new users and partner with relevant organizations / mosques
- Develop material that speak to the needs of the potential partnership
- Create a master plan/checklist that qualifies current and future partnerships
- Identify ways to create opportunities for media coverage
This job is perfect for someone interested in pursuing a career in communications and business.
Creative Design Intern: (graphic design, photography and videography)
The intern will assist the Marketing and Alliance Director to help develop and execute ad campaigns, social media campaigns and other design related communications. The intern will work collaborate closely to:
- Execute the vision of the marketing team by creating and conceptualizing various campaigns.
- Identify needs to help bring creative projects to fruition
- Organize and storyboard field photoshoots/video shoots
- Assist digital team with tasks as needed
- Create data based graphics which visually communicate research and stories
- Identify design based projects including photography, video work, and graphic design to create new synergies to engage communities and recruit new members
This job is perfect for someone who is interested in and has experience in some sort of visual field. If you are interested in advertising, communication, graphic design, photography or videography this might be the right internship for you.
Research and Educational Intern:
The intern will assist the Research Director to help identify and develop curriculum for future webinars as well as identify research opportunities that help speak to the needs of the community regarding Muslim marriage trends.
- Study trends in marriage and relationship news to suggest topics for editorial coverage
- Identify experts in the fields and build a database
- Organize a relevant webinar that would speak to the needs of single Muslims
- Identify and propose research with internal data and/or collaborations with other institutions that support our mission
- Publish articles in various media outlets
- Organize internal data to understand trends that drive our market
To participate in BeyondChai’s Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above
- Be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment remotely
- All interns must sign a confidentiality agreement
- Be respectful of deadlines and scheduled meetings
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to Saman@beyondchai.com detailing your qualifications. Please be sure to put “applying for internship” in subject line. Depending on work experience there may be an opportunity for compensation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.