1.Protecting your privacy
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- Beyond Chai does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If Beyond Chai learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18, Beyond Chai will remove that post.
- Beyond Chai, or people who post on Beyond Chai, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall (established through hosting companies). When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Terms of Service.
- Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Beyond Chai will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on Beyond Chai. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
2. Data we collect
- Registration Information: When you register an account with Beyond Chai, we ask for your name, your age, your profession, your address, your email address, phone number, gender, and date of birth. Some of this information we require you to provide, other information is optional for your to provide. Any information you provide us, we keep.
- Profile Information: We may share the information you provide on your profile page for with third party marketing companies.
- Classified postings: All classified postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access Beyond Chai from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- Cookie Information. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Beyond Chai easier to use, to make advertising better, and to protect both you and Beyond Chai. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to Beyond Chai. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into Beyond Chai, our widgets and Share buttons, and advertisements posted on Beyond Chai. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Beyond Chai.
- Beyond Chai does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Beyond Chai website, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. How we use your information
- To manage the service. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. We may include content you see on Beyond Chai in the emails we send to you.
- To serve personalized advertising to you. We don’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. (An example of consent would be if you asked us to provide your shipping address to an advertiser to receive a free sample.) We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in tennis to show you ads for tennis equipment, but we do not tell the tennis equipment company who you are. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
- To serve social ads. We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you.
4. Circumstances in which Beyond Chai may release information
Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control.
- When you make a payment. When you enter into transactions with others or make payments on Beyond Chai, we will only share transaction information with those third parties necessary to complete the transaction and will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
- When you choose to share your information with marketers. You may choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers that are not associated with Beyond Chai through on-site offers. This is entirely at your discretion and we will not provide your information to these marketers without your consent.
- To help your friends find you. By default, we make certain information you have posted to your profile available in search results on Beyond Chai to help your friends find you.
- To give search engines access to publicly available information. We generally limit search engines’ access to our website. We may allow them to access information if users allow their information to be viewed publicly.
- To help improve or promote our service. Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
- To provide you with services. We may provide information to service providers that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about Beyond Chai, remove repetitive information from our user lists, process payments, or provide search results or links (including sponsored links). These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law under the local laws in that jurisdiction, apply to users from that jurisdiction, and are consistent with generally accepted international standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
5. International Users
By visiting our website and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Beyond Chai we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.